Partnership Meeting Action Items
July 24-25, 2002
Salt Lake City, Utah
Strengthen the Current Partnership
- Create a forum to display examples of partnership success. Investigate using
the 2003 COPs meeting as a forum. Hire a consultant to interview successful
partnerships and make a summary presentation. Presentation should highlight
the lessons learned, opportunities, successes. CSREES to provide funding support
for consultant. Who: Karen Kubena and Eric Hoiberg
- Inventory and assessment of the mission/vision for each partner. Who? Management
consultant of possible assignment for an ACOP/ESCOP Leadership Development
or National Extension Leadership Development Program candidate.
- Recognize, appreciate and respect all partners. Involving other partners
in routine activities. Be systematically inclusive. Example: involve extension
in teaching workshops.
- Another expanded and inclusive "Baltimore" meeting.
- COPS leadership meeting.
- Outreach to less active partners. Actions to include full range of institutions.
- Continuation of previously identified items (see attached)
- Increase understanding of the role of CSREES. Develop FAQs to describe our
roles. Distribute and communicate at Department reviews, grants workshops,
ESCOP/ECOP/CSREES Partnership Project
Accomplishments of the CSREES Partnership Task Force
The CSREES members of the Partnership Task Force have been working throughout
our agency, and with others, to make progress on the 9 priority actions identified
Baltimore Partnership Workshop. Here, we briefly summarize our accomplishments.
- Establish a priority for expanding base funding.
- Establish a marketing plan to show the value of our program.
- Formalized Marketing Plan Developed
- Partnership Task Force appointed
- System works together for equitable funding for 1890, 1994 and HSI
- CSREES multicultural alliances
- CSREES becomes more proactive with Congress.
- Working with other agencies
- CSREES regional assignments - links to key Congressional committees
- Establish a single annual reporting system.
- CSREES Planning and Accountability
- eGov and eGrants
- Standards of Service
- Develop a shared vision of the partnership
- Meetings with CSREES units
- Establish formal joint priority setting.
- Develop a regular publication highlighting the impacts of the partnership.
- Generate new funding sources.
- Unified online agency directory
- Clarification of role of senior professional staff